sexta-feira, 14 de março de 2008

Music industry? or better say.. sample industry?

This guy is soooo right... for long I've complaining to people (especially Mau, you hearin' me?) that most songs are so damn the same...

I even started thinking I could be paranoid and to test that, I started compiling a few very similar songs in a text file... here are a few examples I collected:

- Check out Black Eyed Peas' Shut Up against Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You out of My Head... haha no need to even try... someone did it already! ;-)
- Doesn't Britney Spears' Toxic sound similar to -- guess what -- Linkin Park's Faint? Doubtful? MTV wasn't!
- Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams? Wow I'd swear I heard those chords already.. Aha, wasn't it on Oasis's Wonderwall? But wait, there's more! Try Lenny Kravitz's Fly Away!...
- Nirvana says Smells Like Teen Spirit... well, I'd say it smells like Pain's Shut Your Mouth...
- Gwen Stefani's Luxurious sounded familiar? Try Notorious' Big Poppa -- no, wait... it actually comes from Between the Sheets by  The Isley Brothers!!

Well, Rob Paravonian couldn't have explained it better:
Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the 5th most creative youtube video from 2006:
Pachelbel Rant

PS - He dindn't mention it, but the Dragon Ball GT theme song is also based on the same chords... No wonder I read somewhere a conspiracy theory of a secret software that major recording companies use to compare their new songs to a database of successes, and the thingie would predict the likeliness of it becoming or not...

Sem comentários: